Old Man 50k

Old Man 50K, Scottsdale AZ
Finish time 6hr 6Min and Change

After finishing “The Old Man 50k” on March 9, 2013 I was on cloud nine for a few days.    Comments I read on Face Book lead me to believe I am not the only one who felt that way.  It was a great way to celebrate a very noble man’s birthday.  Mike Miller was both the race director and honoree. I was grateful and fortunate to be a part of this celebration.  I was invited but very much felt like it was where I belonged and needed to be. 

I had such a solid run.  Don’t get me wrong, I had to work for it, but the normal aches, pain and self doubt (the wall), never came.  It’s an experience I will cherish and a feeling I hope to replicate on future runs and races.  People can be amazing; Ultra runners in particular are some of most generous people.  I got to mix it up with some incredible runners.  Some ranked, some sponsored, some just as happy as me, to be on a trail so beautiful with like minded poeple/runners. 

Brian, thanks for the invite. 

Thank's to the Miller's for their hospitality.  Also thanks to all my friends,  new and old, it was a great day to be on the trail. 
I hope to be a part of this again next year. http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=19323

 
Participants 15k/50k
On the Trail


East End
One of many horses roaming free

My Finisher/Starter Award


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2013 Coldwater Rumble 50k

Cedro Peak Ultra Marathon 45k Race Report

A new year, 2012