In memory of James Luque


“I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze. But I think maybe it's both. Maybe both are happening at the sametime.”
Forrest Gump 1994 Tom Hanks


I'd like to make a tribute to man who played a big role in my life the last few years, my father-in-law, James Luque. March 11, 1940 to April 21, 2013.  RIP  Obituary

James (Jimmy, Jaime, pops) was hard working man and no carpentry project was to big for him. He built houses from the ground up and was an expert of everythingin in-between. He was there whenever I needed him.
He loved his family very much, and used to fill up his digital photo card so often, taking pictures of them. I was always backing up his photos and clearing his memory card for him. I loved it when he would get this fire in his eyes and this contagious smirk when he got an idea or was excited. I loved watching football with him, especially the Arizona Cardinals, a team we both love.

My kids will miss their grandpa, my wife will miss her father, and I will miss one of the most stand-up men I have ever met.
One running story he told me….  When he was in Vietnam, one morning he decided to go for a run on the beach.  Without realizing it he ran past the safety zone and was startled when he heard a single gunshot as a bullet whistled near him. (Warningshot?)  He said he turned and ran back to the base as fast as he could.  After that day he made sure to not go outside the boundries when he ran on the beach.  He said Vietnam was beautiful, besides the war.

I love you, and miss you Mr. Luque.

I will not be running Zane Grey 50 Mile Endurance run this weekend as we will be burying my father-in-law. 
I will be there next year!
I have decided to run the Whiskey Row Marathon in his honor on May 4th, 2013.  Marathon

Good luck to all the runners at Zane Grey. I will be there in spirit.
In the words of Caballo Blanco "Run Free"


 

 


Me and Pops in Greer, AZ and On my wedding day to his beautiful Daughter.


50th Weeding Anniversay Picture.  They would be celebrating this Saturday 4/27/13 ;0(


Bella and Tata

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cedro Peak Ultra Marathon 45k Race Report

A Humbling Experience... Flagstaff 50 Mile Endurance Run

Black Canyon Trail 100k, 2015!