IMS Arizona Marathon (26.2 mi) March 17, 2013

Highlights

·        Point to Point, from Verrado in Buckeye and continued through Goodyear, Avondale, Litchfield Park, Phoenix, and Glendale.

·        So much fun to run from community to community.  I got a burst of energy knowing I had five miles until the finish and I could see Westgate and The Arizona Cardinals stadium, where the finish line was waiting for us in the distance.

·        Lots of great support from people along the course even some who were sitting on their porches or standing at the end of their blocksto cheer us on.  One lady had a boom box and some pom poms.

·        The course ran by my friend Tim’s house, at about mile 11, and our families were there to support and cheer us on. 

·        The finish line was Amazing.

·        The Double sided medal, which is now one of my favorites.

This was my second road marathon.  I wanted to finish in less than four hours, but it was just not in the cards that day.  Regardless,I had a blast and did PR by 2 minutes from my previous marathon time.  Although I do prefer running in the mountains on a single track trail, I would run this marathon again.


Front of Medal
Back of Medal

Shirt and Bib



Mile 11.5, Tim and I Cruising
Mile 18






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cedro Peak Ultra Marathon 45k Race Report

A Humbling Experience... Flagstaff 50 Mile Endurance Run

April Fool’s Backyard Ultra 2019 * April 26, 2019