New year, new gear, new challenges and some old demons.

I am talking a new year in May. What the heck, where has the time gone. In a few weeks will be half way through 2019.  It seems to have happen with the snap of a finger.  Got some big challenges ahead.  I am chasing a certain monster on the Mogollon rim in September.  I am also looking  to possible complete my first triathlon.  Possibility of career change at work. This excites me.


 But when I mention “Old Demons” it’s in reference to depression. I was in a dark storm late 2017 early 2018.  I never want to go back to that place.  From medication to counseling and lot of prayers. Also writing, faith, having good friends, and support has helped me. Also understanding it, as much as anyone can.  One day at a time. Next, I hope to conquer few other monsters that haunt me.

I am in a good place right now.  Never thought I’d be exciting about cycling and the idea of a triathlon.  I talked over and over about the Mogollon Monster 100. Now my name is on the starting list. I been writing again and feeling inspired.  Maybe put out a new Rap/ Hip hop song or album.  LOL. Seiz One Music

I am all over the place.  But anyone who really know me knows how sporadic I am.  I am a dreamer.  Always have been always will be. Might be a bit OCD and ADD. And possibly down with OPP.

Quick notes on what’s NEW.

I got a new, to me, Road Bike.  Trek Madone 5.1.  I am grateful for the circumstances that lead to this. A month or so ago I did my longest ride of 30 miles. Like the new gear and toys that are “necessary.” Bike shorts, jersey, helmet, and a few other accessories.

New Garmin watch.  I love my Fenix 2 but the Garmin 935 Is beyond amazing.  Addicting. The functions seem endless; there is a ton to learn.  Another item I am grateful for the circumstances on how I got this.

Mogollon Monster 100 In September. This will be one hell of a challenge Training will kick off with R2R2R this weekend.  Hoping this will resurrect this blog to be more consistent. 

I have been blessed.  Even on the days I might not understand life, I know their so much beauty in it as well.

Hope everyone training, and racing is going well.

Bike on the rack at the City vs County bike to work day event
me being cheesy

Love opening new gear



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cedro Peak Ultra Marathon 45k Race Report

A Humbling Experience... Flagstaff 50 Mile Endurance Run

9 nights until my first Ultra Marathon