Reflection... Last 6 1/2 months

I have been slacking on my blog.  My original intent was to update at least bi-weekly, but life is busy. I have had a lot of hobbies/interest over the years but the one that has been constant is running.  I have been addicted since 2011.  I have had some ups an downs, mentally and physically, but it is still a passion burning deep inside of me!  I love it..
My last post was about the Javelina Jangover.  But prior to that was my April Zane Grey report.  I have had some adventures in between. Here is a quick look. 










Kristen Steele's Birthday Run. 5/25/14 Competitive Loop, White Tanks  21 miles.  Good Times.  Kristen is a sweetheart and a friend to all.  She is very inspiring. 



In between loops. Giles, Michelle, Kristen, Haley, Mike and others 

Mt. Ord run near Payson.  Adam Livingston set this up.  Such an awesome time with good people and passionate runners.  Got to officially meet some of my social media buddies!  15.1 Miles 4,004 Feet of gain.  This was such a fun day


Working it.  Thanks to John Aka Trail runner guy for the photo

The Start.  You climb the whole way up!  4,004 feet.

Enjoying the Summit Views with  John, Rick, Kevin, Brian and Me.  Photo by Adam L.
View from the top of Mt. Ord






Arizona Road Racers (ARR) 4th of July Race.  ARR puts on awesome races.  I PR'd 4 miles in 26:12.  4th age group and 56th out of 687


Erik , Cristian "the Matador", Me, and Boston Brian Soto

The Wife and I.  I think she likes me.



Flagstaff Family Trip,  Hiking Humphreys Peak Trail.  The kids had a blast.  Even when the monsoon rolled in.  Love my wife and kids.

Humphreys Hike.  The kids rocked it.
Aravaipa Vertigo 31K.   24th out of 67 3hr 45min.  This was one of Insomniac Series Races.  I needed to finish the race.  I helped with my confidence.  It was a warm night. That ended with a crazy electrical storm. 
At the Aid station.  Photo by M. Sager

Photo Finish W/ Boston Brian

Mogollon Monster Training Run.  I joined this group of well accomplished runners on an epic run to see the first 18 miles of the MOG106 Course.  We got a little lost and ended up running 21 miles.  I lagged behind, but got to run with some great runners I look up too.

Jamil, Bret, me, Nathan, Angela
Early Climb

On the Trail, seriously considering this race next year.
Javelina Jangover 50K.  This was one week after my MOG100 Training Run.  And I felt Good.  12th out of 43.  I also ran my fastest 50k  5:27:37 

Chris and I Before the Race. 

Start of the 75k

All of us glowing after the race.  Adam L, and John S. 



Pacing and Crewing for Cristian "The Matador" Rios at the Mogollon Monster 106mi.9/7/2014 This race is a beast.  Had a great trip with Chris. Chris is one heck of a guy.  He loves his family is very passionate about running.  We camped out and were ready to crew and pace.
Unfortunately a crazy storm shut this race down early.   Cristian was in 8th Place at 50 miles.  I was very proud of him.  Crewing is hard.  I have so much more respect for crews/pacers.  I had no clue.  Wish I would have got to pace.  Its all good.  This race will grow and be a classic.  Maybe I'll run it next year.

Chris Lopez Photo

Before the Start.  I was prepping for crazy weather ha.

Cristian heading out after 27 miles.  8th place and running solid.  He left me hanging.  hey he was focused.


Enjoying my Playground in the Estrella foothills. 


My Next run is this Saturday, November 15.  The Colossal Vail 50 miler, in Vail Arizona. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Humbling Experience... Flagstaff 50 Mile Endurance Run

Cedro Peak Ultra Marathon 45k Race Report

April Fool’s Backyard Ultra 2019 * April 26, 2019