For the love of it

The last few days I’ve had this hunger and desire for running I have not felt in a long time. It’s exciting and nerve racking at the same time. I have to stop the urge to sign up for every race. Financially I would go broke and physically I’d be in pain and ailing from every over use injury possible. Nonetheless, I am focused on a few races for sure.

This Saturday I’m participating in the Aravaipa’s Pass Mountain 50k Endurance run. I want to run it hard and leave it all out on the trail. I have some fears of doing that, yet I have nothing to lose. All I know, I never want to DNF again. That may or may not be possible, but I hope to find the strength I had during my first 50k - in September of 2011 - in all my future races. The Noble Canyon run lived up to everything I had read and heard about ultra running.

I started this blog just before I ran Noble Canyon. In all honesty, I have always had the desire to be noticed and in the lime light and alas was the wrong reason to start it. However, I am glad I did; now I can go back and remember what I have been through. In addition, my intentions for the blog have changed; these are my thoughts and ambitions of the runner I was, am, and would like to be.

Running has really become everyday life to me. There is a beauty in it that fuels my heart and soul. In April of 2013, I am signed up for one of my dream races, Zane Grey 50 Mile Endurance Run. Last year I crewed and paced at Zane Grey; it drove me mad to not be in the race.

Looking ahead to that run, I have a few training plans gathered and hope to alter them to my liking. I want to put myself in the best possible position to finish Zane Grey. In between then, I have some other runs I’d like to do. I think I am so much more humble then I was before. Where I got the idea to be so flamboyant is beyond me. I am a mid to back of the packer. In reality, this sport can and will knock you on your butt real fast!

Next Race: November 10, 2012 - 50k - Pass Mountain - Mesa, Arizona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cedro Peak Ultra Marathon 45k Race Report

A Humbling Experience... Flagstaff 50 Mile Endurance Run

9 nights until my first Ultra Marathon